After a long hiatus due to COVID-19, we are getting ready to welcome you back to the Bridge & Enrich Lives Society. In response to BC’s health guidelines, we will be reopening with some new protocols in place.
Please read through the guide below before attending your first class, and feel free to contact us or your instructors with any questions!
To help ensure a safe and successful relaunch, we ask that everyone work together and that each of us does our part. That means self-monitoring for symptoms, including checking your temperature, arriving within requested time frames, being extra patient with your instructors and classmates and doing what you can to help minimize the impact of additional cleaning and sanitizing on BE’s resources.
Please do not visit BE if:
- You have returned to Canada within the past 14 days
- You have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- You are experiencing fever or cold symptoms
- Your social distancing bubble (e.g., the people you live with) includes someone who is sick
Visiting Bridge & Enrich
Classes and Instructors
- Each instructor will have their own class-specific guidelines
- Please contact your instructor to learn how your regular class may have changed and, if provided, watch the walk-through video before you visit
- All registration and payment needs to be prearranged with your instructor so we can limit class size (payments will be online)
- Donations to BE (especially appreciated during this difficult time with additional expenses for everyone’s safety) can be made via website donate button or e-transfer to email@example.com ?
Waiver & Contact Tracing
- Be sure to sign the BE waiver before attending BE (no manual sign-up at the door): bridgeandenrich.com/contact-us/
- Register for each class before attending, either with your instructor or on the MindBody app
Entering and Exiting the Space
- Please enter via our Fraser Street entrance and sanitize your hands immediately (elevator usage is restricted to teachers only)
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the class to allow settling in, but note you may be required to wait outside while the space is sanitized between classes
- Socializing after class is restricted to the scheduled class timeslot and social distancing rules are applied
- We request that you take social interactions outside as much as possible – the summer weather is inviting it!
- Maximum class size has been reduced to 15
- You will be asked to stand along the marked lines outside the entrance while waiting your turn to enter and within a 7×7 marked space inside the building for your class
- Please stay within the specific place assigned to you, respecting others’ space and boundaries
- A pathway to the washroom is marked and a pathway to the exit will also be marked so we have one-way walking traffic only and social distancing can be maintained
- Lineups for washrooms and waiting times at the basins also require social distancing etiquette
What to Bring and Wear
- You will be asked to take off your shoes at the entrance and limit all other belongings to your assigned chair, keeping socks on until you arrive in your assigned spot – everyone will get a chair that is sanitized before/after every class to store their belongings
- Please bring your own clean socks or slippers to wear (no bare feet); your own filled water bottle as no water will be provided, to prevent germ transfer at the tap/sink; and a small snack if you’d like (kitchen will be closed, though)
- Wear a mask at your own discretion
- Please bring your own yoga mats and blankets as needed
- Do not bring additional guests with you to class, and minimize belongings you are arriving with to those necessary for your class
- Everyone will be asked to sanitize their hands upon entry
- All floors and surfaces will be sanitized by instructors before/after each class (only instructors may touch light switches and tech equipment)
- Please try to use the bathroom before arrival to limit bathroom visits throughout the day